Four is so so much bigger than three…in so many ways.
It’s not just the increase in inches that Evie was so proud to display, standing here against her height chart.
It’s a maturity, a sense of belonging, a bigger discovery of the world and a sense of self worth all wrapped up in a young girl who is still so child-like, yet is not. I can almost hear the neurons in her brain zapping as she discovers so much, every day, and her thirst for knowledge is insatiable.
Like millions of parents all the world over, I grapple to believe that four years have gone by so quickly. My little fairy is growing up and this is what she had to say for herself on her fourth birthday.
A 4-year old interview
- How old are you? Four
- Who is your best friend? Zarah & Freya
- What is your favourite thing to do? Scooter (she just received a new scooter for her birthday so definitely the favourite flavour of the day)
- What is your favourite colour? Pink & purple
- What is your favourite food? Cupcakes, lollies & cakes (where did I go wrong as a dietitian???)
- What do you like to do with Jakey? Play games
- What do you like to do with mommy and daddy? Eat dinner all together (at least I influenced the dietetic principles of eating as a family)
- What is your favourite toy? Peppa Pig (certainly no surprises there)
- What do you want to be when you are bigger? A princess
- What makes you happy? My birthday presents
- What makes you sad? When someone hurts me
- What is your favourite TV show? Peppa Pig
- What is your favourite book? All of my books
- What do you love to learn about? Painting
- What is the best part of your birthday? When the birthday fairy came (the birthday fairy arrived during the middle of the night and created a beautiful present display)
- Where do you like to go? To a movie or a show
- What is your favourite thing to do at kinder? Dance
- What’s your favourite special treat? Cupcakes
- What’s your favourite birthday present? Peppa Pig